Sunday, November 23, 2008

Winter's Here!



The Syracuse winter we have heard so much about is finally here. A lot of people have told us about how miserable and awful it is with freezing temperatures, winds, and more snow than most cities in the U.S. Others have told us it's really not that bad. We are about to find out and I hope it's really not that bad (although my instinct tells me that compared to the mild Boise and Provo winters I'm going to freeze). It started snowing a few days ago and it has snowed every day since then. The city changed from fall to a winter wonderland overnight. There is about 6 inches of snow on the ground and everywhere you look trees, cars, lawns, etc. are covered. I'm guessing this is how Syracuse will look for the next four to five months. So far it's just pretty and I haven't minded scraping the snow off the car and the cold too much. The good news is there are supposed to be lots of fun places to sled around here, so that will be fun!

No comments: