Michelle and I spent a few days with my cousins Abbie, Claire, and Alysson. We got to their place in Brooklyn on Wednesday night. We spent the day with all of them and a few of their good friends on Thanksgiving. Michelle and I took the subway to Times Square and walked around Manhattan on Thursday night. On Friday, we slept in and went to the Museum of Modern Art. To our surprise, Friday is "Free Night" at that museum. We had to wait in a long line, but we got to go for free. As a bonus, there was a Van Gogh exhibit that we got to see. We got to see a several of Van Gogh's paintings, some of them famous and some of them not so well-known probably. To be honest, the only Van Gogh painting I recognized was Starry Night. There is a picture of Michelle next to a Picasso painting and me in front of a bunch of Campbell's soup paintings. I am not sure who drew the soup cans, but I thought it was interesting. There were some interesting pieces of art at this museum. We also walked around Rockefeller Center and went inside the NBC store. We left to drive home late on Friday night and arrived a few hours later. We had a great time. It was nice to see my cousins. I hadn't seen them in over a year i think. Michelle and I had a great time just spending the time together.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
New York CIty
Michelle and I spent a few days with my cousins Abbie, Claire, and Alysson. We got to their place in Brooklyn on Wednesday night. We spent the day with all of them and a few of their good friends on Thanksgiving. Michelle and I took the subway to Times Square and walked around Manhattan on Thursday night. On Friday, we slept in and went to the Museum of Modern Art. To our surprise, Friday is "Free Night" at that museum. We had to wait in a long line, but we got to go for free. As a bonus, there was a Van Gogh exhibit that we got to see. We got to see a several of Van Gogh's paintings, some of them famous and some of them not so well-known probably. To be honest, the only Van Gogh painting I recognized was Starry Night. There is a picture of Michelle next to a Picasso painting and me in front of a bunch of Campbell's soup paintings. I am not sure who drew the soup cans, but I thought it was interesting. There were some interesting pieces of art at this museum. We also walked around Rockefeller Center and went inside the NBC store. We left to drive home late on Friday night and arrived a few hours later. We had a great time. It was nice to see my cousins. I hadn't seen them in over a year i think. Michelle and I had a great time just spending the time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment