Thursday, September 4, 2008
While I Was Sleeping...
Last night our toilet started running water in the tank behind the toilet seat and wouldn't stop. The apartment complex made it clear to us that if maintenance problems related to do leaks ever occur, call them no matter what hour of the day or night it is. So we did. I didn't actually expect a maintenance worker to come over (as it was getting close to midnight), but somebody did. He came with his plunger thinking we had a clogged toilet, i guess the answering service we call at our apt. complex miscommunicated the message. At any rate, he was able to fix it, the chain had gotten all tangled up. He said he was just going to do a quick fix though but that someone between the hours of 9 and 3 would come back tom morrow and replace the part entirely. I said i should be home (i have no class on Thursdays) but that if i wasn't that they could just come in. So I woke up at around 11 this morning and went to go to the bathroom. There was a not on a small piece of paper there on the toilet saying the handle and chain had been replaced. So in other words, while I was asleep, someone from maintenance knocked on the door, opened the door themselves (presumably with some type of master key), did all the maintenance work in the bathroom right next to me asleep on the bed in our bedroom, wrote the note, left, relocked the door (because the door was still locked when i left the house today), all without me waking up. Michelle leaves early to go to work so she was already at work during all this. Isn't that an odd and slightly disturbing story? When i talked to Michelle i told her this and she said, "so someone could steal everything from our house while you are sleeping and get away?" (or it was something like that). I guess the answer to Michelle's question is yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so disturbing! I would hate to think about what might have happened had Michelle been the one who was home! Eeek, apartment living. They found a dead body in our complex pool (when we were first married and lived in an apt. - even though we lived in a very nice part of town!) :)
I'm glad you like reading our blog!! And I'm really glad it makes you excited to have children, instead of dread it!! :D We're doing great... we've all been a little sick this week, but other than that... How are you guys? Seems like you are doing well and enjoying NY.
Post a Comment