As I am sure most of you are aware, BYU is now ranked 11 in the AP and and the USA Today polls. That is where I feel like they deserve to be. Until some of the top 10 teams start to play each other and lose or someone just messes a game up, BYU will stay where they are at. A link is provided at the bottom to take you to where the current ranking are at. Even more interesting though than BYU's excellent ranking is that I found an article on ESPN's webpage talking about BYU having a shot at a national championship. The author by no means said that they are a top contender for a national title or anything even close to that. He simply said that at this rate, as he things going, they are in the conversation (as long as they beat the University of Utah on their last game). I will just copy and paste the entire paragraph into this post, it can also be found though here: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-1-164/What-we-learned-from-the-Independents-and-non-BCS--Week-4.html
Here is the part of the article that talks about BYU:
What we learned from the Independents and non-BCS, Week 4 
September 21, 2008 4:40 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Graham Watson
1. BYU is the non-BCS' best hope: No, not for a BCS bid, there are a still five other teams with undefeated records, but the Cougars might be the non-BCS' best hope for a national championship bid. I know, I know, it's only the fifth weekend of the season. Trust me, I've said the same thing a gazillion times to BYU fans. But you can't deny that there's something special in this team. After its controversial win against Washington, the Cougars have gone on to outscore their opponents 103-0. That's dominant no matter whom the Cougars are playing. The Cougars have their highest national ranking since 2001, and if things continue to go the way they're going, they'll be in the Top 8 by the time they meet Utah in November.
current rankings: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
1 comment:
Don't you wish we were in Provo to watch? Especially the Utah game? There's more and more about Provo to miss every day, and winter's not even here yet! Not that I don't like it here...
Post a Comment