Sunday, September 14, 2008
Final Score: BYU- 59 UCLA- 0
WOW! That is what i must say first: wow! I am a BYU fan and wanted BYU to beat UCLA yesterday, and i beleived they would. I did not expect an absolute blow out like this though. A blowout does not even really do justice actually to how bad BYU beat UCLA. A blowout would be how Penn State beat Syracuse (by like 35 or 40 points or something ridiculuos). To not only win by 59 points but to also shut out your opponent while doing it is something else entirely. I don't know what to call it. I am afraid that the coaches and AP polls will say we won so easilly that it didn't mean anything and not move us up in the rankings. Of course that is not really the case, UCLA is of course a good time (or at least most people would have agreed to that statement before yesterday). I only got to actually watch the first half, but that was all i really needed to see. After the first half BYU went on to score 17 more points but UCLA still never did score. I am curious to read some more articles and blogs about what other fans of both teams have to say about it, because honestly a score like that is just kind of weird. A score of 59 to zip is something you would expect if a college team played a high school team or something...ok maybe that example is a little too extreme...but i think a score like that is more than just a blow out it is weird. I can't wait to see what their new ranking will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment