Sunday, May 13, 2012

Baby Shower

 My good friends Jenny and Tana planned the perfect baby shower for me a few weeks ago.  They decided to make it a school theme since I'm a teacher and it was so cute!

 Here's the "chalkboard" sign that was on Jenny's front door.

This is the "schedule" for the day/shower

For "snack time" we had sack lunch type food - sandwiches, individual sized bags of chips, fruit snacks, vegetables, cookies, and water bottles.  We ate using styrofoam school lunch trays. It was all so yummy!

"Snack time" with Kim, Kaylyn, and Andrea

After snack time was "recess" or game time. For the first game, I showed everyone a picnic basket full of assorted baby items and then left the room. Everyone thought they were going to be quizzed on the items that were in the basket, but instead Jenny asked everyone questions about what I looked like/was wearing that day.


Next, we played baby shower Price is Right, which was perfect because that is probably my favorite game show.  Jenny had everyone guess that prices of the assorted baby items from the previous games. I was happy to realize that my guess was way too high and baby things are a little cheaper than I thought.
Tana showed off all of the "Price is Right" Items

For "singing time," we played a fun game where we got into 2 groups and then went back and forth naming a song we could think of that had the word "baby" or "babe". We kept going back and forth until a team couldn't think of a song and then the opposite team won.

Amber, Chelsea, Jillaine, Andrea, and Megan

Kim, Kaylyn, me, Rachel, Emily
 Next was "Show and Tell" when I opened presents. Thank you so much to all my great friends who were so generous. I got so many adorable and useful things.  I can't wait to use them!  Thanks everyone who came - it meant a lot to have so many great friends there!


 Here are some more of the cute decorations by Jenny and Tana.  Thanks again for all of your hard work and thoughtfulness in planning the perfect shower. I can't thank you enough!



Jenny had everyone write a little good luck message or message of advice to us and then she put it in this cute book. Great idea!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

It was seriously the cutest baby shower! We're really happy for you guys and can't wait to meet Mason! :)

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

Glad you enjoyed it. We were happy to do it!!