Monday, May 21, 2012

39 weeks, 5 days!

 Two days to go! Or more or less - hopefully less! I thought for sure this baby was coming early, but it doesn't seem like it anymore.  At 37 weeks I was dilated to a 1.5 and 80% effaced. The doctor thought I was going to have no problem going into labor on my own when the time came (hopefully she is still right). Then at 38 weeks I was a 2 and 90% effaced and the baby had dropped and his head was engaged. One night around that time I woke up every 15 minutes with contractions that were hurting my back - not too much though - I could still talk and walk through them, but I thought labor was close. Then after a few hours they all of a sudden stopped. Three days later I was having a lot of menstrual type cramping and not feeling well and again thought it must be close.  Wrong both times.  Then at my 39 week appointment I was still only a 2 and the baby had moved back up to a -3 station, so he is no longer even dropped into the birth canal.  Oh well, he'll come when he's ready. We can't wait!









2 comments:

Noelle said...

Can't wait!!! You're so cute!

Arielle said...

Yeah good luck we will be thinking about you guys and hoping that things go well. You guys are going to be good little parents.