Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baby Projects

For the past few months I have been working on lots of baby projects to get our "nursery" ready for the baby.  My first project was a baby quilt.  I went with a brown and green monkey theme. This is only the second quilt I have ever made, so I couldn't have done it without the help and advice of my good friends Jenny and Tana. Thanks ladies! 

Here's the completed quilt.
 About a year ago I found a pink surfboard decoration in the dollar section at target and bought it to paint or "do something with" later.  I finally repainted it and turned it into a sign for the nursery door.  I made it to match the baby quilt and valences.

 Next, I made these blocks (also to match the rest of the decor). The first picture is the back of the blocks and the second and third pictures are the front of the blocks.



I also made these window valences to math the baby quilt.  No matter what I did I couldn't get the lighting in the room right to take a very good picture, so this is all I have.


And here is what I look like today - at 37 weeks and 4 days. I am getting tired and uncomfortable and we are going so excited for our baby boy to come! We can't wait!


4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Michelle! I am sooo excited for you! I just know you're going to love your little boy so much! I wish I was closer to you so I could help you get ready and then I could see him when he comes, but I wish you and Chad the very best!

Claire said...

Love the quilt and all the decorations. Also loving the name choice! It is one I have loved for a long time. Can't wait to "meet" the little guy. Any time now!!! You look fantastic :) I love all the belly shots you keep posting. Oh, to be as cute as you pregnant!

Kristi the Book Lady said...

Yay! All the decor looks so cute, and so do you! So excited for you guys. Hope all goes well for you.

Chelsea said...

Wow, Michelle you're so crafty! I really love the colors and the theme! We're so excited for you!!!