Friday, June 24, 2011

Summertime, and The Living Is Easy!


Today Michelle and I went on a fun and exciting bike ride through D.C. We left our apartment here in Alexandria and rode all the way to the African American Civil War Museum, making several stops along the way. We visited several monuments that were on our list of touristy things to do that we still hadn't seen. After crossing the 14th Street bridge we stopped at the George Mason Memorial, then the Albert Einstein Memorial, and finally the African American Civil War Memorial (which was right by the museum that we went inside before turning around).

We had a great time biking around the nation's capital. The weather was perfect - warm and sunny. Also, I am very proud of Michelle for biking 18 miles today. She told me she understood now why I love biking so much, so I am hoping I have converted her into a biker like me. She even wants to go get a bike now (we borrowed someone's for her today) which I am all for!

I am convinced that we live in one of the greatest places on earth to spend a day biking and having fun in the sun. In addition to each of the memorials and museums we stopped to visit, we had the White House, the Washington Monument, The Lincoln Memorial, and many other beautiful landmarks as a backdrop the entire time. If anyone reading this is jealous of what we get to do on a daily basis (well, during the summer at least) you are more than welcome to come visit and stay with us and stay as long as you want!

The following are my favorite pictures from our adventure today. Luckily for me, Michelle didn't get a picture of when I fell on my bum hard trying to bike up a set of stairs (yeah, I won't try that again).









1 comment:

Mike and Sherilynn said...

WOW!!!! How fun. Did you get the bike?