Saturday, June 25, 2011
Seventh Century
I did my seventh century bike ride (100 miles) today. The past couple times I have actually done 112 miles in preparation for the Ironman in September, but today I just stuck to 100 miles - a good solid round number. I did the 100 miles in 5 hours and 25 minutes, which is a new personal record. I shaved about 5 minutes off of my old record for biking 100 miles. The trail I do my long bike rides on has quite a few stop signs and intersections where the trail crosses a main road and if you are unlucky you could up waiting at the crosswalk for what feels like a couple minutes. This did happen to me a few times today. I guess my point is that if there were a 100 mile trail with no interruptions or obstacles in the way of just biking as fast as I wanted to go the whole time I could do it even faster, but unfortunately such a trail does not exist - that I know of anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment