A few months again at a Relief Society activity I got a little tiny flower pot with a seed inside. I brought it home and set it in the kitchen window, without too much hope that it was going to grow. There wasn't much sun in Syracuse at that time. To my surprise though, it has grown so much! It finally got too big for the little pot and was starting to fall over, so Chad and I re-potted it yesterday. I've never had my own plant or re-potted one, so I didn't know if you were supposed to buy special soil or what exactly the best way to do it was. We decided to just go buy a bigger pot at the dollar store. We didn't want to buy soil, so we walked around our apartment complex for about 10 minutes looking for some "good dirt". We finally found a decent spot of dirt that some trees and flowers were growing in. We didn't have a shovel, so I dug it up with a big spoon and my hands. Then I just took the whole plant, soil and all, out of the old pot, put it in the new pot, and added more dirt to fill it up. I still don't know what this plant is, so if anyone else does, let me know. Someone else from relief society said it's some kind of flower, but I don't know what kind. I am excited that it has grown so well so far and am excited to see it bloom - hopefully soon. Here are some pictures:
This is my plant after a few weeks. It grew so much faster than I expected! It seemed like I just woke up one day and it was all of a sudden a few inches tall.

This is my plant the other day when it was WAY too big for it's pot. I had to put a pencil in there to hold it up straight.

Here is the plant in it's new pot - it looks much better!
1 comment:
How cute! Kind of looks like it might be a tulip but that is just my guess
Post a Comment