Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Don't Save Prison Break

I am waiting for my Sponge Bob Square Pants shaped Macaroni and Cheese to cool down and it is taking forever so I decided to write a quick blog entry while I am waiting. Many of you may have heard of a show called 'Prison Break.' It is on Fox and is in its fourth season. Michelle and I have seen every episode and watch it still every week. However, we found out recently that this will be its last season, in fact, there only 2 more episodes left. I saw on someone's blog recently a post asking people to help them try and save the show 'Chuck,' which presumably has also been canceled. Conversely to that blog, I am writing this blog to tell people NOT to do anything to try and save Prison Break. The first two seasons were amazing. I could not stop watching (we watched both of them on DVD). The third and current season were absolute garbage though. I cannot stop watching because I have already invested so much into the show and also I know it is almost over so I just keep going. If it weren't for that though I would abandon the show. The first season was the probably the coolest season of TV I have ever seen. It is about a guy named Michael who is an architect and engineer genius that purposely gets arrested and goes into prison in order to break out of prison with his brother (Lincoln) who is on death row (but was framed by the government in a huge government conspiracy). Michael has lots of cool tricks up his sleeve for how they will get out prison, one of them is that he has tattooed the blue prints for the prison in a disguised manner all over his body. Another is that he has done massive amounts of research on everybody in the prison and will be able to manipulate everyone from the warden to the nurse to his cellmate to the gang leaders. The second season is all about them having escaped and being on the run. This season is cool because you watch some of the people in the govt. conspiracy fall and get arrested and stuff. Up until and including this season I would say it is my favorite show of all time. Unfortunately, the writer's strike took place during the third season, and that combined with the plot already running low on ideas made the third season a complete joke. The third season involves the Michael and several other characters getting arrested in Panama and going back to prison, this time in Panama. It is supposed to be this awful dangerous prison, but this season is just lame. Now, in the final and fourth season, they are back in the U.S. and the plot is this weird convoluted thing of everyone fighting against the govt. conspiracy. Everybody ends up being corrupt and now they are going to try and take down the conspiracy in one last hurrah. It would be weird if the show ended without Michael and Lincoln being exhonerated and the govt. conspiracy being taken down so I am assuming that is what is going to happen some way or another. My prediction is that Lincoln is going to end up walking a free man and Michael will have to go to jail for like a year or something for all the things he has done along the way in freeing his brother. I have no clue what is going to happen to everyone else, their stories are all so weird there is no way of predicting. Alright I'm going to eat my shapes mac and cheese now.

1 comment:

melancholyjune said...

Yes Chad, I want NBC to save Chuck. But good call Fox on adios to PB. And Chuck has not officially been cancelled yet. Although I will miss my weekly doses of Wentworth Miller...