Monday, May 18, 2009
Historic News: I Ate A Green Bean Last Night!
I ate a green bean last night for the first time in 22 years. To explain the significance of this event, I suppose I should start at the begining....It all starts when I was about three years old. This memory, I beleive, is the earliest one I have. I do not beleive I could have any earlier memories since the hypothalamus doesn't being to fully develop until the age of three, but I digress. I remember the color and texture of the high chair I was in. I remember where I was sitting at the table. I remember the lighting. I remember all of this and I was only three years old. My mom tried to make me eat a green bean. I also remember not liking the taste of it one bit. I still remember the flavor and not wanting to eat it. I could never eat green beans again, or so I though. For years and years and years, the smell alone of green beans was enough to make me feel sick. I am not exagerating at all. When Michelle is cooking or something I can't even stand to have green beans on the same plate as my food. I am honestly not that picky of an eater (I am kind of picky) but not as bad as some peole. I like most vegetables and I enjoy most kinds of foreign foods. At any rate, last night I wanted Michelle to eat a little bit of the fish filet that I had cooked and she wouldn't do it. I knew she doesn't like fish, but I just wanted to see if I could get her to do it. She is about as bad with fish as I am or was with green beans. She has actually tried certain types of fresh fish and tuna though so she is not as bad as me with green beans. I had a strict zero tolerance for 22 years with green beans. Anyways, last night when I tried to get Michelle to eat some fish I impulsively said I would eat a green bean if she ate some fish. I just kept telling myself, if so many peoplem love to eat green beans, they can't be as bad as my mind has made them out to be. I knew I wasn't going to like it, I just knew I could tolerate it. And I did. Michelle cooked a green bean and I ate it no problem. I don't really want to eat them or anything, but perhaps with time I will. This was a big step for me. Sorry for making you waste your time and read about something as trivial as me eating a green bean. To me this is big news though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha ha! Chad, this is great. If it makes you feel better, I text my mom everytime I try something new because it's such a big deal. :)
Post a Comment