Monday, December 15, 2008

Update: Harry Potter

Chad writing here. I finished the third HP book last night. I stayed up till 3 in the morning reading. I thought i was really close to the end but i still had like 50 pages to go when i decided I would stay up and go for it. After i realized how long it was going to take, I sort of regretted making up my mid to finish it, but i went for it anyways because I don't have school or anything right now. Around 2 or so in the morning my head starting to hurt and i felt sick. I just wanted to finish the book though because I more or less knew everything that was going to happen i just needed to get the book over with. That's the way i like to do things...just kind of do it all at once. I thought the book was alright. I liked the ending overall but then didn't like the every end. I thought Harry should have been able to live with Sirius Black instead of having to go back to the Dursely's. I guess Black's name is still not cleared up, I suppose that that is something that will happen in the future. I am sure they will bring more closure to this thing with Black (I mean, it is already pretty much closed they just need to clear up his name). Dumbledore told Harry before he sent them back in time that they would need more time is all to clear up Black's name. Anyway, I'm not really "hooked" on these books yet. I am moving ahead though quickly with the hope that they will get really good and i will get hooked. I have plenty of time for the next couple of weeks and we might go on a long road trip so we could listen to the books on tape too (we have them all unabridged on my ipod). So the next book is The Goblet of Fire, it is a real lenghty book, over 700 pages. I hope it is really good, or else i don't know if i will have enough steam left in me to tackle a few more 700 page books after this. I need it to get really good so that I feel like I really want to keep going.

No comments: