Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas

We spent Christmas in Texas with Chad's family. It was so warm! Such a nice break from the freezing weather at our house! We got some cool presents and really enjoyed the time with family. Here's a few pictures. I'm sure Chad will write more about our fun trip later.




I'm a little behind on the pictures I've been meaning to put up here forever. The first couple are from when we first got our Christmas tree (that adventure explained in an earlier post). You can see part 2 of that adventure here. The tree was huge and after getting it into our apartment we realized we needed to trim it. It was freezing outside and we had already carried the tree up the stairs and shoved it through the door, so we just trimmed it in our front room with the only tool we had - a large kitchen knife. It made a huge mess, but I loved the strong smell of fresh pine. These pictures are of before, during, and after trimming and decorating. We also had fun making Christmas sugar cookies that week. The first couple we decorated were cute and fancy, but then we got tired of decorating and just wanted to eat them so the rest were pretty simple.





No comments: