Friday, December 12, 2008

Tag: Chad - The Man of My Dreams

My friend Kristi "tagged" me so it's my turn to post these answers to her questions. It's been fun remembering all of the fun times Chad and I have had and all of the millions of reasons I love him so much!!

His full name:
Chad Tyler Wallace

Who eats more?
Chad definitely eats more at each sitting than I do, but sometimes I can get pretty close to him. In one day though I might actually eat more than him because I am always hungry! I can eat a meal and be hungry again 30 minutes to an hour later, so I snack a lot.

Who said "I love you" first?
I did. I had been waiting forever (ok only a few weeks) for Chad to tell me he loved me once I realized I was in love with him, but no luck. Finally we were sitting on the couch talking one night and I asked him how strong his feelings were for me. I really wanted him to say I love you first for some reason - kinda stupid now that I look back on it. He said "really strong" and I asked how strong? He didn't answer that time but instead asked me the same question. I told him that I was in love with him and then he said he loved me too. It was so good to hear! I think that was the happiest day of my life up to that point. I was pretty sure that he felt the same way, but it was good to finally here it.

Who's Taller?
Chad - he's 5'11"

Who's smarter?
There are some areas where I'm probably smarter, but overall Chad. He definitely has a "wider range" of knowledge than I do. Chad really likes to learn so he is always reading online about lots of different things from politics to history to inventions...Today he was learning about Inca Cola (a soda in South America) on wikipedia. He always does really well in school too and he definitely has more common sense than me. One of the things I love about him is how intelligent he is and how hard he works at everything he does. That's why he is at the #1 school in the nation for his program and doing great!!

Who's more sensitive?
Me probably. Chad doesn't really let things get to him too often. I don't think I do either, but I have my days. On the other hand though, Chad is always very sensitive about my feelings and what makes me happy. That is one of the many things that first attracted me to him. He is a lot more sensitive than most guys in that sense. I still remember a couple months after we had met when I had to stay home from work sick. He bought me a card and some treats and told me that he hoped I got feeling better soon and that he wished he could be sick instead of me. He is such a sweet and caring guy! Man, I love him!

Who does the laundry?
We both do. Chad helps me every single time and I appreciate it so much!! He helps me carry it all to the basement, load it, comes back down with me to move it to the dryer, take it out
of the dryer, etc. Even when I don't technically need help, he helps me. It's just one of the many things he is always doing to help around the house and make things easier for me. I do usually fold the laundry though, but I don't mind.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Chad

Who pays the bills?
Chad usually, but I do sometimes and we both work together to make sure everything is payed on time.

Who does the cooking? & What meals do we cook together?
I do almost always. Chad doesn't like to cook very much. He will help me sometimes though, which is nice. He helps with desserts probably more often than actual meals. He is good about helping with dishes and setting the table. There are a couple meals that we make together like chicken quesadillas, bagel sandwiches, and grilled cheese.

Who is more stubborn?
Neither one of us is very stubborn, but probably me.

Who wears the pants?
We have a pretty equal role in the decision making.

What do you like to do together?
We like to do just about anything together. We always have so much fun when we do anything, even grocery shopping. We like to hang out with our friends and play games and talk, play the Wii (especially guitar hero and Big Brain Academy), read (right now we're reading Harry Potter), work out, play sports, watch movies, and watch The Office.



Who eats more sweets?
Definitely Chad. I've always really liked sweets, but CHad LOVES any sweets, especially candy. I've made homemade peanut butter cups a few times recently and all 24 are usually gone in a day - mostly eaten by Chad. Whenever we have candy around the house, even pretty big bags, it doesn't last long.


Guilty Pleasures?
Well, considering we played guitar hero for 2 hours last night and have been playing it almost non-stop since noon today (it's almost 4), I wou ld say that's one of them. And then sweets...

How did you meet?
Chad and I both did an internship through BYU in Washington, D.C. a couple of years ago so we met in our prep class to go there. We talked very briefly 2 or 3 times before D.C., but didn't get to know each other until we got there. We went to dinner with a group of people our first night there and we were pretty much inseperable after that.

Who asked who out?
Chad asked me out our 3rd night in D.C. We went with his roommate and his roommate's girlfriend to an Ethiopian restaurant. It was a fun atmosphere, but Chad and I were basically apalled by the food. There's a picture of it below. Then we went to look at a lot of the monuments in D.C. and took pictures. We also went ice-skating at an outdoor rink. It was a lot of fun! When Chad's roommate and his girlfriend left we walked to the White House and took more pictures. That was also the first night Chad held my hand.




Who kissed who?
Chad tried to kiss me once a couple days after we started dating (he will say it wasn't that quick, but I promise it was) and I turned away. I told him I wasn't ready for that yet and wanted to go slower. Then a month or so later he kissed me again and I let him that time.

Who proposed?
Chad - twice, and I said yes both times. When we were on our way home from a trip to Cali right after he graduated and he told me that he wanted to turn off the book on tape and just talk. Then he said that he had been thinking and praying about it for a while and he wanted to marry me and felt like it was right. He said he felt that God had led us to each other and we were supposed to be together. I was sooo happy! I had been waiting forever for him to propose, so of course I said yes right away (it was about time!) and we started planning the whole way home. We picked out a ring together and then about a week and a half later he "officially proposed" at the Salt Lake City Temple by the reflection pool. He had set roses on the side ahead of time and when we walked by he stopped, handed me the roses, and got on his knee to ask me to marry him. Of course I said yes! It was really sweet and totally unexpected. I knew it was coming soon of course, but he had made walking around temple square seem like a completely unplanned and last minute decision. His friends had been hiding there waiting and they took pictures.

Best features:
I love his thick curly/wavy hair and his gorgeous blue eyes and his muscles...:)

Best quality:
He is so completely caring and unselfish. He is always looking for ways to make me happy and will give up what he wants in a second to do so. He is constantly doing nice things for me to show me how much he loves me. He also has a really strong testimony of the gospel and is always trying to do what's right. He honors his priesthood and is a great example to me. I also love his sense of humor. He always makes me laugh and makes me happy with all of the silly things he says and does. It's so much fun to be married to him. I could keep going about all his great qualities, but this blog is already soooo long...

I tag Jenny, Claire, and Natalie.

No comments: