Wednesday, August 20, 2008
swollen
lastnight while watching Iron Man at the local dollar theatre here in Syracuse, i was eating a chocolate covered pretzel, and i realized my tongue was very sensitive. It kind of felt like a bee stung it. The sensitivity was kind of right on a particular spot, it wasn't the whole thing. After a few minutes i started getting annoyed that it was bugging me while I was eating. After about a half hour i realized it was actually numb and getting quite large. I finally told michelle (i hadn't menitioned it before because i knew she would worry in spite of some recent medical conditions). She could see h0w swollen it was even in the dark movie theatre. I made a few phone calls (to my mom who is a nurse and to the wal mart pharmacist) and it was obvious i was having an allergic reaction to something. About an hour later the entire right side of my tongue was frigin huge. It took up my whole mouth. I took some benadryl at home and waited to see if it got better. Luckily it did, or it would have been the second trip to urgent care this week. Right before i went to bed the left side started to feel sensitive like the right side had in the movie theatre, but i was too groggy from the benadryl to care. I just fell asleep and in the morning thank heavens i was ok. My mouth was sore is all in the morning, no real swelling i don't think. My left bicep yesterday also started to get swollen. It at first just itched like a bug bite during the day. By night time it looked there was gauze stuffed in my arm or something. It looked like there was literally something in there poking out, that's how defined the swelling was and how distinctly it was elevated above the normal skin. Do you remember how the joker put the cell phone in the bad guy's stomach and it was protruding in a very distinct and noticeable shape? that is what the swelling in my arm reminded me of (except for not a cell phone shape). Luckily that has mostly gone away too. My right arm did the same thing about a week ago, and I still have chigger bites on my feet from like 3 weeks ago or something . I'm a mess. (pictures to come shortly of the swollen tongue and arm).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment