Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life in Syracuse

As Chad mentioned earlier, life has been a little crazy around here. I'm afraid to come home from work each day and find a new part of Chad swollen. lol. He is getting better though thank goodness. We are still enjoying living in Syracuse. The weather is still really nice, but its starting to get a little bit colder. I'm scared for winter to come. It's going to be freezing! Lately a few more people have been saying that it isn't really that bad. That's a little comforting, but I'm sure it's going to be a lot worse than Utah. Work is going great. I really love my job (most of the time). I have a new position now. Instead of just doing whatever anyone needed help with I am "the check in person." I'm in charge of checking patients in when they arrive, verifying insurance, helping with medical records and dictation, answering phones, filing, paperwork...just basic medical reception. It is such a busy office! Often we have 15 patients that will come in one 15 minute period because some days we have two doctors in the office, a nurse practitioner, a breathing technician, and an x-ray technician and they all see patients at the same time. The front desk can get a little crazy! I really enjoy the business though. It makes the day go by really fast. It is also nice to have some responsibility now instead of just helping with little tasks. I feel more productive and useful. If only medical receptionists were paid like nurses...

No comments: