Despite the cold weather here in D.C., Michelle and I are still finding lots of fun things to do. Recently I discovered the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal State Park in the D.C./Maryland area when I was on a long bike ride in an area I don't normally go to. The State Park was in an absolutely gorgeous area, one you would be surprised to find in the D.C. area. Michelle and I decided to drive there and then walk around on a day when it was (relatively) nice outside. To our pleasant surprise, inside the C&O Canal State Park was one of the two main places you can visit and view the Great Falls river/waterfalls area. This was also a place we wanted to visit because we had heard so many positive things about the area. It definitely didn't disappoint! We were thrilled to get to walk around on some of the trails and look at the beautiful and fascinating historical sights that comprise the Great Falls and C&O Canal State Park. We look forward to going back again with more time and exploring the area more thoroughly.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Great Falls at the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal State Park
Despite the cold weather here in D.C., Michelle and I are still finding lots of fun things to do. Recently I discovered the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal State Park in the D.C./Maryland area when I was on a long bike ride in an area I don't normally go to. The State Park was in an absolutely gorgeous area, one you would be surprised to find in the D.C. area. Michelle and I decided to drive there and then walk around on a day when it was (relatively) nice outside. To our pleasant surprise, inside the C&O Canal State Park was one of the two main places you can visit and view the Great Falls river/waterfalls area. This was also a place we wanted to visit because we had heard so many positive things about the area. It definitely didn't disappoint! We were thrilled to get to walk around on some of the trails and look at the beautiful and fascinating historical sights that comprise the Great Falls and C&O Canal State Park. We look forward to going back again with more time and exploring the area more thoroughly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment