Sunday, January 15, 2012

Colonials Basketball VIP Seats



Last week my principal sent out an email that she had 8 VIP tickets to go see the George Washington Colonials conference home opener basketball game and she would give them to the first people that responded to the email. I emailed her back as soon as I read the email that I would love a pair of tickets if there were still any left. I was lucky enough to get two tickets!

It was DCPS night so during one of the timeouts the anouncer recognized all the DCPS teachers in attendance and specifically all the teachers and staff from my school in the VIP section that had just switched buildings over the winter break (back to our newly renovated building that burned down last year). I hadn't been expecting this at all, but it made sense that my principal got the VIP tickets because of the transition our school had just gone through.

We had a great time doing something new out here in D.C.; these are some of the pictures that show just how sweet our seats were:


This is a picture and video from when they were recognizing the DCPS teachers. The video starts out a little hard to follow just what exactly is happening but about halfway through you can see pretty well that they are showing me on the big screen:

No comments: