Out of 64 people that finished the race Half Ironman distance Triathlon, I placed right in the middle of the pack at 32nd.
My 1.2 mile swim time was 43:46, and that was the 36th ranked time.
My 56 mile bike time was 3:22:48. This is an average of 16.9 mph and this was actually the 13th ranked bike time. Thus, biking is clearly my biggest strength. Also, it would not normally take me that long to bike 56 miles, it was a very difficult course.
My 13.1 mile run time was 2:15:28. This was the 48th ranked time :( Running is my biggest weakness. I am planning on focusing on improving my running skills a lot this summer while maintaining and possibly improving as well where I am at in swimming and biking. If I placed even half as well in the swimming and running as I did in the biking, I would have finished a lot closer to the top.
These times, along with my T1 and T2 times and ranking, along with everyone else's times in the race can be found online at:
http://www.compuscore.com/cs2011/may/harryhlf.htm
(scroll down to #32 and you will find me).
And just for your information, I am officially signed up for my first Ironman distance Triathlon. I am doing the Chesapeake Man Ultra Distance Triathlon on September 24th. 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, 26.2 mile run, I can't wait!
2 comments:
Wow, congrats and good luck! That's awesome!
You are nuts. but you are waaayyy awesome!!
Post a Comment