Michelle and I wanted to go to a Chiefs game this weekend (the Chiefs are the AAA baseball team for the Washington Nationals). We were leaning towards going to the game yesterday until I saw on the schedule that today's game was sponsored by the Catholic Diocese and you could get free tickets form any of a number of sponsors (there stores, restaruants, etc). So I went to one of the restaurants yesterday morning after my class to ask them for some tickets and the guy was like, "How many do you want?" And I asked if I could have six, and he instead handed me a stack of 63 (I counted). So I started telling pretty much everyone I knew that I had enough free tickets for any one to come. It was pretty cool. It's AAA so its pretty high quality baseball and usually some of the players have been in the Majors but are down in AAA for one reason or another. The Chiefs won today so it was even more fun. It was an exciting game with a couple home runs and quite a bit of action. Me and one of my friends each paid a dollar to see how fast we could throw a baseball. There is video of me throwing a baseball. It is a lot harder than I thought...as you will see by how fast my pitch was.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Syracuse Chiefs
Michelle and I wanted to go to a Chiefs game this weekend (the Chiefs are the AAA baseball team for the Washington Nationals). We were leaning towards going to the game yesterday until I saw on the schedule that today's game was sponsored by the Catholic Diocese and you could get free tickets form any of a number of sponsors (there stores, restaruants, etc). So I went to one of the restaurants yesterday morning after my class to ask them for some tickets and the guy was like, "How many do you want?" And I asked if I could have six, and he instead handed me a stack of 63 (I counted). So I started telling pretty much everyone I knew that I had enough free tickets for any one to come. It was pretty cool. It's AAA so its pretty high quality baseball and usually some of the players have been in the Majors but are down in AAA for one reason or another. The Chiefs won today so it was even more fun. It was an exciting game with a couple home runs and quite a bit of action. Me and one of my friends each paid a dollar to see how fast we could throw a baseball. There is video of me throwing a baseball. It is a lot harder than I thought...as you will see by how fast my pitch was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't help but laugh every time I watch that video. There is some kid in the background making fun of my pitch when the speed comes up and his voice is hilarious.
Post a Comment