Saturday, April 4, 2009
I actually had to sleep with the fan on last night...
Despite the fact that it snowed and rained all day today here in Syracuse, the weather is getting much warmer generally speaking. Most of the days are warm enough now to want to spend time outside and perhaps even wear shorts and sandals occasionally. To emphasize just how warm it is now, I actually had to sleep with the fan on me the whole night last night. Our apartment stays pretty warm though. Some of our friends here in Syracuse cannot believe that we never used the heater in our apartment. We absorbed a lot heat from the people below and to the sides of our apartment...kind of like when we lived in Utah. That reminds me of a funny story from when we lived in Utah. One night in the middle of the winter it was so hot in our apartment (again, from all the heat we absorbed from our neighbors. we had people above, below, and on both sides). I literally could not sleep. I think it was like 1 or two in the morning and I was going to go to Wal-Mart to buy a fan but Michelle said I just needed to tough it out for the night. It was miserable. Keep in mind that this is the middle of the winter, it was probably like 10 degrees outside in the middle of the night. So to cool off and be able to fall asleep I opened our window and laid down on the ground up against the wall and let the cold air blow on me. Somehow Michelle and I always end up in apartments that have quirky little things about them. Well, we have only lived in two so far since we have been married but so far they have all had funny characteristics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment