Monday, January 19, 2009

We Finished All the Harry Potter Books

Michelle and I read the final Harry Potter book for about 10 hours yesterday and finished at around 1:00 am (so i guess that means we actually finished it today). Obviously, as evidenced by reading it all day yesterday, we enjoyed it a lot. We read all 7 books in about 2 months. I would say that's pretty quick since they get pretty long after the third book. I feel weird now that there is nothing left to read in the series. There will never be a new HP book...Its an odd feeling. I had a feeling that Snape was either not bad or would become good again. I believed whole-heartedly that Dudley would turn out to be a wizard. I was surprised and disappointed that the final book did not address that. Dudley was nice to Harry at the begining of this book and I was sure the book would say something about that. Just like everyone always reccomended them to us, we recomend the books to anybody. Really, we think that anybody would enjoy reading them. The last 3 are excellent, the first 4 are so so. You've got to read them all though in order. Its worth reading them all to get to the last ones. Before I had finished the series, I thought maybe there would be someway that the possibility for another book could remain open. I realize now though that that is not possible. JK Rowling wraps up the series really well. There is really nothing left to write about, well, not another entire book at least.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome Congratulations
hope you too are having a great time in NY

Cort said...

Aww...you sound so sad:) It is kind of depressing that the series has ended. We felt the same way when we finished the books. Now you can look forward to the movies!

Anonymous said...

Cort - true, but the movies just can't even compete. They are all right, but kind of a let down after how good the books are.