Friday, June 15, 2012

Welcome Baby Mason!



Mason was due May 23rd, but decided he was too comfortable in my stomach to come out on his own, so I was induced a week later on May 30th. We went to the hospital at 7:30 a.m., so excited that it was finally the day that we would meet our son! I was also very excited I would no longer be pregnant!  My mom and Chad’s mom both came with us.  The doctor started me on pitocin at around 9:00 and then broke my water a few hours later.  Shortly after, the contractions started to get pretty hard and I got an epidural.  At first it only worked on my right side and the doctor had to add more medicine. After the epidural I relaxed and slept for a little while and then around 3:45 I started pushing.  Mason was born at 5:19 p.m. He was 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 inches long.  He has lots of dark hair and dark blue eyes.  I was so happy and so in love when I held him in my arms for the first time and heard him cry.  It was an amazing experience.  Overall the whole process was pretty relaxing, and went lot quicker than we expected. The nurses had said to not be surprised if Mason wasn’t even born until the next day. We were happy we didn’t have to wait that long.
We love being parents! It is definitely challenging and a big adjustment, but we couldn’t be happier! We just can’t get enough of our special son. We are so blessed that he is perfectly healthy. We are also so lucky that both of our mom's came out to help us. We loved having them spend time with us and they were sooo helpful!
Here are some pictures of Mason's first 2 weeks (mostly his first 2 days) and a video. Sorry they are out of order.


This is one of Mason's favorite places to be.

Two weeks old

At the hospital with Grandma

Going home from the hospital - he's not sure what to think of his car seat.

Coming home - our good friends Chance and Jenny put up this welcome sign for us. It was fun to see it when we arrived.

One of Mason's first pictures - moments after he was born.

Mason and Grammie at the hospital.

Mason and Mommy - right after he was born and cleaned off a little.

A few days old.


About a week old

One of our first family pictures






Mason loves to spend time in this vibrating rocker where he can look around and be "involved" in what's going on.

Another one of Mason's first pictures.

One day old

At the hospital

We love him so much!!

8 comments:

Arielle said...

You guys look so cute and happy! That is a handsome little boy! You guys did a good job on that one! Michelle you look gorgeous! Congrats you two!

Natalie said...

Aww! How cute! I'm so happy for you and your adorable little boy!

Justin Raevsky said...

Wow! That is some seriously advanced tummy time for 2 weeks!! He is indeed strong! He'll be running triathalons in no time! :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations you guys!! We are so happy for you! Mason is adorable!!

Claire said...

Congratulations Chad & Michelle!! He is ADORABLE!!! What a little cutie. Enjoy him! They grow so fast :( I think it's a trick to keep us having more ;)

The Beck Bunch said...

Oh my goodness!!! He's soooo cute! Congrats on the new little man.

Chelsea said...

Congrats! I love the pictures! He's so cute!

Caitlin said...

Congratulations, you guys! He's beautiful and perfect! Hope we get to meet the little man sooner than later. So happy for you!