Friday, June 29, 2012

Ironman and Ironbaby

On June 24th, I completed my second Ironman Triathlon, the Coeur d'Alene Ironman in Idaho.  It was such an amazing experience and I am so thankful to all my friends and family that supported me throughout my training and during the race. 

I have a long post that I am working on that describes the race and the overall experience in quite a bit of detail; but in the meantime, I thought I would post this picture.  I am wearing my finisher's medal and holding my son, Mason, who is wearing his 'Ironbaby' onesie.  I love this picture because it captures a lot of the emotions that I felt upon completing the Ironman race, not the least of which was love for my family and especially my son.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so proud of you! Mason is so lucky to have you for a Dad! I hope he is as goal oriented, determined, self-disciplined, and strong as you as he grows up. Love you!