I heard an inspiring quote attributed to William Faulkner this week:
"Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." This week I will be aiming to do something I haven't done before: run 30 miles while still biking into work each day. Wish me luck!
Anyways, here is my progress for weeks 5 and 6 of 2012:
Week 5: Ran 26 miles, biked 171 miles.
Week 6: Ran 28 miles, biked 166 miles.
2012 totals so far (as of 2/11/12): Ran 130.5 miles, biked 957 miles.
*As I mentioned above, this week I will be aiming to run a total of 30 miles. This is a lot, especially for someone who is also biking a minimum of 150 miles a week. To reach this goal I will need to be determined and driven but very cautious and disciplined at the same time. It is easy to injure yourself doing running and biking (both primarily lower body exercises) on the same days, but since I bike into work everyday I don't really have a choice. One of these days I will start hitting up the lap pool again and start racking up the swimming miles as well. For now, I am focusing on running though.
1 comment:
good Luck. Be safe
Post a Comment