Sunday, October 16, 2011

Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is

Now that I have finished my first ultra-distance Triathlon (the Chesapeake Man), I have set some goals for my next ultra-distance Triathlon which is the Coeur d'Alene IronMan in June 2012. This is still 8 months away but I am going to try to discipline myself and train hard with a focus on the areas that I feel were my weaknesses in the Chesapeake Man race.

Specifically, I want to become a very strong runner. I have already started a new training regimen of going for runs in the morning before work. I have come to the conclusion that anything I really want to make sure gets done I should do it in the morning; otherwise it seems like there is a diminishing chance I will do it as the day goes on and I get tired from biking to and from work or have a stressful day at work or get bogged down in the numerous tasks and responsibilities that each day presents.

Also, I have signed up for two marathons to keep me on track and help me measure my improvements in running before Coeur d'Alene. By going signing up for these marathons (they are already paid for and everything), I know I will stay committed to continuing working hard no matter what. The first marathon is in Sparks, MD on November 26th (about a month and a half from now) and the second one is in Charlottesvile, VA in April of 2012.

By doing this, I feel that I am not just talking and thinking about how I plan to improve, but instead I am putting it all into action and making sure it happens.

No comments: