I completed my tenth century bike ride today in a personal best 5 hours and 17 minutes. This was 8 minutes faster than my previous best century bike ride. Even though I only improved by 8 minutes, I feel that this was actually quite a good showing on my part because there was some tough humidity today and the humidity has a way of making it very difficult to do long endurance workouts. This was the first long ride I had gone on since researching and making some significant changes to my method of staying fueled and just in terms of nutrition in general. I think the single most important thing I added to my nutrition was Electrolyte supplemental pills called 'Endurolytes.' They contain the full spectrum of Electrolytes and helped a lot. I took one or two every half hour or so and they prevented any muscle cramping and helped me keep going. In case you're wondering, this supplement is way better than just drinking a sports drink to get electrolytes.
No comments:
Post a Comment