Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas 2010


I can't believe January is almost over. Time is going so fast! I'm finally getting to blogging about our Christmas. We went to my family's house in Idaho this Christmas. I was really excited because I hadn't seen them since last Christmas. We had so much fun together and my family really spoiled us with great cooking, great presents, and lots of fun things to do. The picture to the left is Chad's autograph Chumlee mug - one of his favorite Christmas presents. Chumlee is a character from a show Chad really likes called Pawn Stars.


Here are some more Christmas highlights:


One of our family traditions is to make a gingerbread house on Christmas Eve. We haven't quite mastered getting the frosting to dry quickly enough, so our house usually falls down several times before we finish it. We still have fun though and enjoy eating all the gingerbread, frosting and candy.




Chad and I made Lomo Saltdao for my family - our favorite kind of Peruvian food.
















Since last Christmas we have kind of made it a tradition to go clay pigeon shooting on Christmas day. My dad got a clay pigeon throwing for Christmas this year so we were able to try it out. We had fun, but didn't stay out for long because it was SO windy.



















Over Christmas break I also got together with quite a few of my good friends from high school. It was so much fun to see everyone again and meet their spouses and kids! It brought back lots of fun memories. Here's most of the group.


















We had a lot of fun going up to the mountains with my family and four-wheeling in the snow. Chad went off four-wheeling by himself one time and didn't come back for a long time. My mom started to worry a little so they got in the car and went to look for him. Chad got stuck in the snow and couldn't get the four-wheeler out. He tried for about 30 minutes until my parents came to help him. Chad seems to always have lots of adventures when we go four-wheeling at this place. Last year Chad's phone fell out in the snow and we miraculously found it the next day.
















It was fun to have Brian back with us this Christmas (he was on a mission last time), but now Brandt is on a mission and we missed him lots!

1 comment:

April said...

I wish I could have been there to see all of you in Idaho!