Sunday, November 28, 2010

Major Milestone: 50 miles


Yesterday morning I went on a bike ride with two guys. I had taken a couple days off to rest since biking in to work three days straight at the beginning of the week, so I felt that I had an opportunity to really push myself and find out where I was at (in terms of physical fitness). So we went for a 50 mile bike ride, and it was a much more challenging route than anything I had ever done before. There was about 10 miles of hills (essentially all up-hill, until we turned around of course). The two guys I went with were able to do it so much easier than I was, it just showed me that this sport is an amazing sport where - like running - you can always be motivated to improve, get stronger, and increase your endurance because your main competitor is yourself! Cycling is a lot like running in how mental it is.

Anyways, I am proud to say I went on a 50 mile bike ride (with lots of hills, lots of wind, and in the freezing cold...so under more ideal circumstances the effort I expended could equate to a longer ride possibly). The picture is from my GPS watch which tells you EXACTLY how far you have gone, how fast you are going (MPH), how many calories you've burned, and since it is GPS it even shows a map of where you have gone. The bottom right shows 50.12, that is how many miles I went. My total miles biked this week was 134.72.

2 comments:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

Chad, that is Amazing! I'm so impressed!

Chelsea said...

Wow! Just reading that makes me tired! Great job!