Michelle and I celebrated our birthdays this month. My birthday was the 5th and we had a really fun get-together with friends here at our place. Since I told Michelle that the only thing I wanted was to have a pinata at the party, she got my a treasure chest pinata and filled it with really good candy. We took it outside and one of our friends actually climbed up in the tree to let it hang and to pull it up while I was blindfolded and swinging at it. While we were all gathered outside doing the whole pinata thing, a bunch of little Latino kids saw us and all came over. I told them they could go after the candy when I busted it open, and man oh man they sure did go after that candy! Those kids made out like bandits! One kid did that thing where you use your shirt to carry a bunch of stuff (think elementary school) and filled his shirt with candy. Other kids stuffed their pockets and still walked away with handfuls of candy. The funniest thing though was one kid actually tried to take the pinata. We told her that we actually wanted to keep it in case we wanted to use it again. It was a great way to spend my 27th birthday.
Michelle's birthday was on the 18th and to celebrate, I decided to surprise her by taking her to Six Flags. I was talking about it though with other people and trying not to give it away but when we pulled into the parking lot she said 'I knew it!' I was going to take her to Hershey, Pennsylvania, where there is a theme park and a lot of fun Hershey chocolate stuff, but our friends the Jansons have season passes to the DC Six Flags and they were able to get us both in for free with some season pass holder coupons. This worked out much better because Hershey, PA is a couple hours away and the DC Six Flags is only 30 minutes (tops!) from here; I had no idea it was so close! I was just settling in for the ride when we got off the freeway. We had a really fun time at Six Flags: we went on a lot of fun roller coasters; we got soaking wet on some water rides, but we dried off pretty quick because the sun was out; and we ate an obligatory funnel cake with ice cream! Even though we were there on a Saturday, it was not crowded at all. We pretty much walked onto every ride, no joke. I think we may have waited about ten minutes for one ride near the late afternoon when there were more people there. Either it is the slow season if the place just doesn't get the crowds I associate with theme parks. Either way, it was fine by all of us.
2 comments:
Thanks Chad for an amazing birthday! Everything was perfect and I had so much fun! Thanks for going on the water rides and getting soaked with me even when you didn't want to get wet at all. Sorry, I really didn't think we would get that wet! The water just kept coming! I love you!
Those kids were sooo funny! Little rascals! Hope that you guys both had great birthdays!
Post a Comment