Michelle and I just finished Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, the third and final book of the Hunger Games series. We read this final installment the way we read the Harry Potter books - by actually taking turns reading out loud to each other. This was a quick read so it only took us a few days. I don't think I am going to do a real critique of the book and break it down analytically or anything like that, rather I mostly just wanted to say that it was our least favorite of the trilogy and we were slightly disappointed with the story and the ending...although it did provided enough closure and satisfied all the loose ends.
More than anything else though, I would love to hear what you have to say about the book if you have read it yet. Please share your thoughts!
2 comments:
Hey Cort and i just finished reading Mockingjay today. i would agree that it was my east favorite of the three. Still good but i think i wanted things to be different then they were although they did finish everything up. It stuck the the Hunger Games for the first too and then changed into the war. I thought that it was pretty messed up how after the little parachutes it skipped to her in the hospital. I kept thinking that it was all a dream and that she would wake up on the street and then kill him. Just seemed like it built it all up and then nothing happened. I don't know what i think it is still fresh. But overall i really like the series!
I actually really like how it ended. I was happy she ended up with Peeta as they went through similar things and being together will help them both heal. I was unhappy with how little Suzanne Collins went into Gale at the end though. He kind of fell off the face of the planet. Also the story went from Peeta wanting to Kill katniss to being married to her....a little more explanation please! It was my least favorite of the three too but I still liked it.
Post a Comment