Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Visit from the Johnsons


Michelle and I had the privilege of having our great friends Logan and Caitlin coming to stay with us here in DC for a week. We finished our last day of school last Tuesday and picked them up at the airport that same day in the evening, so it was a great way to start our summer break. I think we crammed as much as humanly possible into five days with them. We did tons of touristy things all around the city but we also relaxed at the pool, cooked great meals, went bowling, and did things like that. It was so much fun having them in town that it made me realize how sad it is that we only get to see them and our other friends from out West so rarely. But asi es la vida I suppose, until we can make out West. In addition to all the monuments, we also went to the Newseum and several Smithsonians that we hadn't been to. While they were visiting the 'Big Three' Smithsonians that we had both been to several times (Air and Space, Natural History, American History), ventured into some of the lesser publicized Smithsonians that are pretty much right there on the mall as well. We went into the American Indian Museum, the Postal Museum, and the Hirshhorn Art Museum (one of the 'weird' art museums that I don't understand at all but some people live for this type of stuff so I respect it). Overall I would say the Newseum is the coolest museum I have been to so far in DC. It costs money but, there are coupons for 25% off and other deals like that floating around out there. It is definitely worth it with a discount, and probably even at full price as well. There is a whole section dedicated to Sept 11th which is very moving. I will have to write another blog post soon about the Newseum and some of the other museums we have visited lately. At any rate, these are some of the pictures of all four of us having a good time in the nation's capital.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

We miss you two already! Thanks again! And Michelle, your place looks great...love the green and brown!

logan said...

Good Times! Did you guys ever catch that mouse? Hope you guys are doing great in Peru and can't wait to hear how it all went. Thanks for having us in D.C. we had soo much fun and hopefully it wont be another year before we see you guys again. Hasta Luego!

Logan

Anonymous said...

We finally caught the mouse. It took a while though - it was pretty sneaky!