Thursday, June 4, 2009

Update: pics of totaled car and other info.



We had to go to the body shop to pick up all the stuff that was in our car and this is what it looked like. It was really weird to see the car like this. We got our license plates and all the miscellaneous things that were in the car like our emergency kit. We also of course got all of my car audio stuff. They were nice enough to rip it all out, there really was a lot. There were two large amplifiers, a boat load of wires of all different types and sizes, the box with the two 12'' subwoofers, both 1 capacitors, our Play Station, and lots of other little things. They took all the stuff out and had it waiting in their little warehouse. I asked the guy if he had any idea where I might be able to sale all this stuff because I had no intention of putting it my new car. Lucky me, he told me that one of the guys who helped take out all the stuff of my car had commented that he knew this was a real hard-core system and had something about the fact that he wanted to buy a system. So that kid came up and I asked him if he wanted to buy the system. I had mentioned that I would sale it for like 7 or 8 hundred dollars but luckily the kid recognized that the system was hard core and I was able to get $900 from him. I had no need for the stuff and I wanted to sale it so it worked out really well for both of us because he was about to buy a system on ebay for more money and it wasn't as good as the one i sold him. Here We are still in the process of figuring out how much money we are going to get from our insurance for our acutal car, but so far, since I was able to sale my system this my end up being somewhat of a blessing in disguise. This is a picture of all the stuff we took out of our car.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Michelle, sorry to hear about the "deer" hit, honey. Your mom and I have talked at least 3 times today. Yep, deer can total a car pretty fast, but Jack had a huge dog once in 29 Palms that actually totaled a car! Biiiiiggggg dog... They called him Nuke"!

Did you read about Nan's hubby and Keith's ordeal? The guys are looking at 28 years minimum in prison for attacking Keith.

We wish you both luck, sweetpea. I have a niece and her hubby living in D.C. also.

Smooches to you both,
Connie