Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Update on our car: it's totaled
Yes, that's right, our car is totaled. After we took it to a body shop to get work done and they were finally able to take things apart and find out the full extent of everything that was wrong, the damage continued to stack up and when it reached $10,000 they called us and let us know that it was going to be considered totaled. They are going to give us quite a bit of money though because it was still worth a lot (it was pretty new and had pretty low miles), and in the current economic climate we are hoping we might even be able to actually buy a brand new car from a dealer. I have heard it is a buyer's market wiht dealierships and you can haggle quite a bit. If we are willing to go out on a limb and buy a Chrysler or GM, I don't know if they still honor warranties or not but I bet the dealerships that are clsoing are trying to liquidate their inventory pretty fast! Our insurance is giving us an extra $500 on top of the value of the car for the GPS/DVD player I had in there and I will be able to take my system out and I will just sale it on craig's list as soon as possible because I am not going to bother with putting a system in our new car...I am over having a system. We would rather have a trunk :) So things are all still up in the air right now but that is pretty much where we stand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry about your car. That's rough. I hope you find a new, great one and get an amazing deal on it.
Post a Comment