Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Stow-away Cat
Michelle and I were just eating dinner with the front door open because we accidentally set our oven on fire and lots of smoke and all the smoke-detectors went off (at least we know they work now). And suddenly I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned to my side and there was a cat that had just walked into our house. Ironically I sometimes make cat noises and tell Michelle that there is a cat in our house, but this time when I said "Hey! There's a cat!" she could tell i was being serious. It was a nice friendly cat. A little too friendly as it seemed intent on just going into our bedroom and doing whatever it wanted. Below is a video of it. And now about that fire in the oven. Michelle and I were playing phase ten (I ended up winning, which puts me on a three game winning streak), and suddenly i noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look and there was a pretty large fire in the oven. We were making two meat loaves (so that I could eat leftovers for lunch for a couple days. Yes, I love meat loaf enough to ask Michelle to make enough to last me a few days worth of leftovers). The grease started spilling out onto the oven bottom but we didn't think anything of it until somehow it started a fire. I said, "Oh! Fire!" We both kind of didn't know what to do. The first thing I did was turn off the oven and opened the oven to do something. But then Michelle said to close the oven because that oxygen makes the fire worse. I closed the oven and was saying, "What do we do? What do we do?" When I finally remembered you need flour on a grease/oil fire. I actually didn't know where the flour was so I told Michelle to get it (evidently i don't cook very much these days). Luckily by the time this all happened and Michelle got the flour out, the fire pretty much sizzled itself out. At that point we just had to figure out how to turn off all the smoke detectors. Also luckily the meat loaf was ok. As a matter of fact I am so full of meat loaf right now I feel a little sick. But i will be ready for more meat loaf tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment