Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hill Cumorah Pageant





Two weeks ago we went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant in Palmyra with our friends Dan and Jenny. We went early to volunteer, but when we got there it was a lot different than what we were told. We were all supposed to split up and stand in different places for six hours and make sure no one came into the area that wasn’t supposed to. There was no one in my area period, so I just sat on a chair and texted Chad for a while. It was pretty boring. We ended up having to leave two hours early because my contacts really started to bother me. Chad took good care of me though. He always does. Chad, Dan, Jenny and I left to go to Wal-Mart to get contact solution and a case so I could take my contacts out. On the way to Wal-Mart we stopped at the Sacred Grove and the Joseph Smith Farm. It was really cool. The peace that was in the Sacred Grove was amazing. I know that Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ there. It was fun to see, but my eyes were killing me, so we didn’t stay long and it wasn’t as enjoyable as it could have been. We’ll have to go back another time when we can spend more time there and do the tour of the Joseph Smith Farm. After Wal-Mart, we went to dinner and then I put my contacts back in. My eyes were feeling better by then, thank goodness, so we went to the temple and walked around. Then we went back to the Pageant. It was really cool. The special effects were great and we all really enjoyed the play.

By the way, I can't get these pictures to go where I want them! We don't have internet so I don't get to mess around on here much. Hopefully one of these days I'll figure out this blogging thing.

No comments: