Thursday, July 24, 2008

Finally, a job!

I finally got a new job. It’s not the SU one. They still haven’t decided on that one! I am now working at Pulmonary Physicians. Right after I accepted the job I also got another job offer to work in a chiropractic office, but the Pulmonary place paid better and I wanted that job more. I have really enjoyed the job so far. I work 8:30 to 5:00, so the hours work really well with Chad’s schedule. It’s nice to be able to spend the evenings together every day. The office is also really close to Syracuse University so Chad and I just go together and park at the office and then he walks to school. The people are all really nice for the most part. There are some big communication problems in the office, but it sounds like it is a lot better than before and they are really working on improving it. I really enjoy working there though. I work at the front desk and check patients in, which is a pretty complicated process in this office. I am learning quickly though and think it will be a fun job. I have also done a lot of filing, mail, and faxes. It is a really busy office, so I stay busy and time goes fast. There are five doctors who work there (on different days because there are also three other offices in the area that they work at), an x-ray technician, 4 nurses, and a lady that does breathing tests. I love working with people in fast paced environments so this job is great. It pays alright, but not what I hope to make with a college degree. The rumor is I am the replacement for the current front desk person, but she doesn’t know it yet. Maybe if that is the case I can ask for a raise after I replace her. We’ll see what happens.

No comments: