When most people think of Lasik eye surgery, they think of being able to wake up the next day and see everything so clearly. They don't think of going to get new glasses.
I think for most people who have Lasik, this is the case. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. I did wake up the next morning and could see much much better, but things were still blurry. The eye doctor said since my prescription was so high it might take a few more days for my vision to clear. It has now been 10 days since my lasik eye surgery and unfortunately things are still blurry. I went back for a follow-up today and I am seeing at 20/60 (barely). The doctor said it looks like I will need an enhancement. I knew before the surgery that the chances of that were about 10% for me because of my high prescription. I was hoping I would fall into the 90% and have great vision afterwards, but no luck. Unfortunately, it will be at least 4 months before they will do an enhancement because they have to wait for my eyes to heal completely and the vision to stabilize. This means that for the next 4 months at least I will have to wear glasses. Ugh! I hate glasses so much! I can't wear contacts because they will interfere with the healing process. So I spent thousands of dollars and went from wearing contacts that didn't interfere much with my daily life, to needing glasses which I hate. Bummer!
On the bright side of things, the enhancement will be free and the doctor said my cornea should still be thick enough to be able to do it (sometimes it is too thin after 1 surgery and an enhancement is not possible). Most likely after the enhancement I will be able to see 20/20 and will have the waking up the next morning and everything looking so clear experience. I think it will still be worth it in the end to have good vision and not need glasses or contacts. It's just going to take longer to get to that point than I expected or hoped. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get used to glasses soon and before I know it I will be seeing perfectly without them!
No comments:
Post a Comment