Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cherry Blossom Kite Festival

Every year during Washington D.C.'s annual Cherry Blossom Festival they have a Kite Festival where tons of people go to the National Mall and fly kites. There are also contests for the best kites in different categories, kite trick contests, etc. Chad and I didn't plan far enough ahead to buy a kite to fly, but we went anyway and watched everyone else fly kites and enjoyed the nice weather. We couldn't believe how high some people got their kites! As you can see in the first picture below, it looks like there are a couple kites close to the top of the Washington National Monument! Maybe next year we'll bring a kite to the festival and teach our little boy to fly it. I can't remember the last time I flew a kite, but I remember how fun it was running down the street and letting the sting out and trying to get the wind to catch it. I also remember many kites getting stuck in the trees. Good thing we always bought cheap ones!




No comments: