Thursday, December 16, 2010
Couple Inches of Snow But Still Going Strong
We got some snow here in D.C. today. It was the first real snow of the season (it snowed a tiny bit already but it never stuck until today). It hadn't snowed when I rode in to work this morning but starting at around 10:00 am the snow started coming down and it didn't stop for several hours. So that means I got to ride home in a couple inches of snow. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I rode in this morning, and I was actually really looking forward to seeing what it would be like. So, the verdict on biking in the snow is that it is beautiful and challenging, but not more than I can handle. It took me about an extra 25 minutes I think to get home so I would probably expect to need an extra 40 minutes to get there. This makes for a pretty long commute! Luckily, there should be less days with real snow on the trail than days without it. Winters in D.C. do not typically get all that many inches of snow (except for when there is a Snowpocalypse). So anyways, here are some pictures of the beautiful winter wonderland in D.C's Rock Creek Park where I get to bike through to and from work.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment