Here are some funny/cute things the students in my first grade class have said or done this week:
1. Look! I see Old McDonald! (a boy looking out the window of the bus on the way to the pumpkin patch. I think he just saw a farmer. He also told me that he wants to live in the woods.)
2. Look! The bus is driving itself! There's no one there! It's going by itself! (also on the way to the pumpkin patch - we were in the back and the driver was short).
3. A girl in my class used all of her allowance to buy everyone in our class candy for Halloween. She put it all in cute little bags and brought one for each person. She also brought everyone a book (short ones you can print off line). She comes from a very poor and needy family and I was truly humbled to see how unselfish she was even when she herself had so little. I need to follow her example. She is one of the sweetest students in my class.
One of these days I will write about how teaching is going, but for now...back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment