Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cool Things to do in DC #5: National Zoo




Michelle and I have continued to visit the neat fun things here in DC and this week we went to the National Zoo. There are so many places we want to visit that we are starting to make a list; things I recently added were the US Botanical Garden and the National Cathedral (I got the idea to visit these because both were in the new Dan Brown book that we are reading). The zoo is part of the Smithsonian series of museums and research facilities so you know it is going to be a legitimate zoo. Also I should that the National Zoo, like so many other cool places to go around here, is free. We saw elephants, a hippo, all kinds of unique birds, lots of other animals. Also as a side note, Michelle and I last visited this zoo in the spring of 2007 while we were interns out here in DC. We saw better animals this time but it was essentially the same.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Cool! I really want to do this!